What Is Astrology?
Astrology is an art of studying and understanding the positions, movements, and properties of planets and stars that affect people and events on the Earth. By better understanding these movements we can gain knowledge of cycles and patterns of our lives. Astrology will help you to take decisions giving effect to your planetary movements that help you to exploit achievements and improves your personality. If you apply some skill in the process of astrology it can prove an effective tool to predict the potentials and opportunities in your life. But it doesn’t mean I am relating astrology with Fortune telling, No astrology is not fortune telling as it is not certain to happen what it might be told. Though we can use the term “divination” for astrology.
As time flies astrology has also transformed. Now we can break this transformation into two approaches traditional approach and modern approach.
Traditional astrology is astrology that was practiced prior to the late nineteenth century. Traditional astrology focuses on the outer world. Traditional astrology uses seven visible planetary bodies such as Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn because these are the only planets known to peoples in ancient times. After all, other additional planets such as Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, and asteroids were discovered after the invention of the telescope.
Traditional astrology is divided into four categories: Natal, Horary, Electional, and Mundane.
- Natal astrology use birth charts to understand and vaticinate the events.
- Horary astrology allows astrologers to indite the horoscope of a person at the time of question raised by them. It answers the question of whether to do something or not.
- Electional astrology is used for choosing the most appropriate time to begin something auspicious. Thus, electional astrology is about deciding when to do something when you already know what to do.
- Mundane astrology is a technique to predict events on a large scale or for a long period, including weather forecasting. It answers the question of what will going to happen in the future.
Modern astrology has been practiced by astrologers in the late 20th and early 21st century. Modern astrology introduced the uses of other planets Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, and Asteroids. It focuses on the inner world.
How Traditional Astrology Differs From Modern Astrology?
Modern astrology is more psychological and character-oriented while traditional is more external, situational, and event-oriented. In modern astrology the chart maybe a map of your mind while in traditional astrology, it’s your mind and your external circumstances and what happens to you.
- Most astrologers believe that each planet is said to rule a zodiac sign. E.g. Sun rules Leo. Thus, it can be said that planets are the lord of a specific zodiac sign and when it happens to appear in that sign it is considered as a powerful event and thus it can be said that events to happen are in favor of a person.
According to Traditional Astrology Rulership:
- Moon rules Cancer
- Sun rules Leo
- Mercury rules Virgo and Gemini
- Venus rules Libra and Taurus
- Mars rules Scorpio and Aries
- Jupiter rules Sagittarius and Pisces
- Saturn rules Capricorn and Aquarius
This is important to understand which planet is the ruler of which house to predict the events for that house.
However, after discovering the Other planets (Uranus, Neptune, Pluto) in the late 20th and early 21st century they were entrusted as a ruler of the signs as follows
- Uranus rules Aquarius
- Neptune rules Pisces
- Pluto rules Scorpio
These three new planets overtook the dual rulership from three planets Saturn, Jupiter, and Mars.
- Both concepts can also be differentiated based on planetary conditions.
In the modern approach, all the planets are considered equally capable to achieve their issue; they are thought to do as such in various manners relying on their sign, house, and angle. Interpretation involves mixing up various conjunction of watchwords.
- All excellent questions and their implications are a part of what allows me to comfortably blend a modern and traditional approach in my astrology. Philosophically, the inner and outer experiences reflect each other.
Modern astrology helps us to understand the inner and outer experiences thoroughly. Both are the systems that help us understand ourselves and our worlds from different angles. You mustn’t counterfeit other astrology just to boost yours.
As both traditional and modern approaches are different in practice. There is a difference in the beliefs of people. Many people think that traditional astrology can predict more accurate results as they use t study the sky for the planetary movements and stars in case of mundane astrology. While many think that modern astrology is more reliable as it uses numerous modern techniques and advanced computer software.
Now it depends upon the practice and person to choose which type of astrology they think can give them accurate results.